Arya Samaj Mandir In Khajuraho / MP
Arya Samaj Mandir In Khajuraho is founded on the base principles of the great Vedas and the teachings of the Maharishi Dayanand Saraswati. Like all other Arya Samaj establishments functioning in different parts of the world, we too follow the reformist motto and goals of the Great Swami and accordingly act and perform various hindu religious ceremonies and rituals in the most pious manner and within the framework of Vedic’s 10 principles.
Among the many social and religious services provided by our Arya Samaj Mandir in Khajuraho, the Hindu Marriage stands out as the most useful as it signifies the union of two souls in matrimony. How an Arya Samaj marriage is different from the conventional marriage under Hindu Marriage practice?
- For many who are curious, Arya Samaj Marriage is done under the Hindu Marriage Act 1955 which puts in within the purview of the Indian constitutions and its laws.
- The ceremony is performed by Arya Samaj priests or Pandits who are well versed with the Vedic teachings and practices and the entire program is concluded within an hour or two. In the conventional wedding it is not so as it will prolong for hours in the dead of the night
- The marriage is performed with minimum requirements such as the couple having attained legal marriage age, 18 years and above for girl, and 21 years and above for boy, few supporting documents and a pair of adult witnesses.
- Arya Samaj marriage is resounding with chants and mantras that are relevant to the union of marriage and is done without any great show of glitz or wealth
- The marriage unites people from all wakes of life and that would include inter-caste and inter-religions unions. Arya Samaj provides the marriage services to people coming from Hindu, Sikh, Jain and Budh Dharmas, and if Christian or Muslim couple is willing, they will be convered to Hindu Dharam with consent and a certificate in order is issued.
- A same day marriage certificate issued by the Arya Samaj Mandir is legally valid and helps register the marriage in Indian courts and records.
- The marriage also involves bare minimum fee for the services rendered by the Arya Samaj Mandir and is done without any hidden costs. It is usually Rs.2100 for conducting the marriage ceremony and an additional Rs.500 for the priest.
In conventional marriage you see no such thing as a solemn affair as it always a big fat wedding where lakhs of rupees is spent.
Other ceremonies and rituals performed by Arya Samaj Mandir in Khajuraho
- Naming Ceremony for the new born
- Tonsuring (Mundan), Holy Thread (Upanayan), First grain to the new born (Annprashan)
- House Warming (Grih Pravesh)
- Religious Conversion (Shuddikaran) as per law
- Funeral rites (Antyeshti)
All these ceremonies and rituals are done in the most pious manner and without any pomp and show, making it convenient and economical for people of all economy types and inclination. To apply for marriage under Arya Samaj, you need to apply either online or by application to the authorities of Arya Samaj in Khajuraho.